** Please Note**
I have put a lot of thought and consideration into my words for this blog.
I pour out my heart and soul for you to read, learn and share about the ongoings in my families life.
I love that you like to share my words and blog so all I ask in return is that if you use my words, parts of my blog or entire posts to share via social media or anywhere that you give me a shout out and acknowledge that you are using MY words and maybe even include a link to the blog.
Thank you all for taking the time to read, learn and share my blog I really appreciate the compliments too and love knowing that I am reaching people near and far. I hope that you continue to enjoy my blog.

K

Monday 17 February 2014

Letter H ( A to Z of CF 2014)

H is for heat. 

Especially over the last couple of days the heat as played a big part in Cadel's world. We have had very high temperatures and we need to make sure that Cadel remains cool and replace the salt that he has lost through sweating. 

We give Cadel 1 full teaspoon of salt a day with his medications as well as adding extra salt to his foods he eats. 

There are many ways we escape the heat and they include,

* air conditioning - we are lucky that the Australian government helps subsidise our heating/cooling electricity bill because Cadel's condition doesn't allow his body to regulate his temperature. 

* swimming in the pool, what better way to cool off by swimming in the pool and getting some Physio in too, oh and have some fun! 

* taking time to rest and have a break. We are always getting Cadel to just stop take a breather and relax before he heads out again to play and play and play and play....

* drinking plenty of water. We have a constant supply of cold water drink bottles in the fridge that Cadel can help himself to. He also has a water bottle in bed every night. He drinks a lot of water and seems to like it cold, look out if it's not is all I can say! 

Although the heat can play havoc with Cadel and his CF I think I would rather the heat then the nasty bugs that hang around in the cold and Winter! 

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to not only read my blog but also to comment.
K