** Please Note**
I have put a lot of thought and consideration into my words for this blog.
I pour out my heart and soul for you to read, learn and share about the ongoings in my families life.
I love that you like to share my words and blog so all I ask in return is that if you use my words, parts of my blog or entire posts to share via social media or anywhere that you give me a shout out and acknowledge that you are using MY words and maybe even include a link to the blog.
Thank you all for taking the time to read, learn and share my blog I really appreciate the compliments too and love knowing that I am reaching people near and far. I hope that you continue to enjoy my blog.

K

Friday 7 March 2014

Letter Z ( A to Z of CF 2014)

Well here we are at the end of the alphabet and at the end of the A to Z of CF for 2014. 

Z is for in the zone. This is something that Cadel does when he is having treatments or tests done that he doesn't like and unfortunately that happens a lot. 

With his port-a-cath needing to be needled every 6-8 weeks he has developed a strategy where he will close his eyes and go into 'the zone'. Don't get me wrong he still cries and kicks up a fuss but he kind of 'zones out' and who can blame him. 

I have been known to go into a zone too. It happens when I have to be a carer to Cadel and I need to take off my Mum hat. This happens when I need to hold him down during needling of his port-a-cath, re-inserting an NG tube or Mic-key button. 

I do this as does Cadel to cope with the situation that is happening around me. As  a Mum you don't want to hurt or see your child in distress but when I'm holding him down to do these things I know that they need to be done and that it's in his best interest. We all have different ways of coping and going into 'the zone' seems to Cadel and my way of coping. 

I hope that you have enjoyed, learnt and shared our journey with the A to Z of CF. Thanks for reading.....

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to not only read my blog but also to comment.
K