** Please Note**
I have put a lot of thought and consideration into my words for this blog.
I pour out my heart and soul for you to read, learn and share about the ongoings in my families life.
I love that you like to share my words and blog so all I ask in return is that if you use my words, parts of my blog or entire posts to share via social media or anywhere that you give me a shout out and acknowledge that you are using MY words and maybe even include a link to the blog.
Thank you all for taking the time to read, learn and share my blog I really appreciate the compliments too and love knowing that I am reaching people near and far. I hope that you continue to enjoy my blog.

K

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Letter W ( A to Z of CF 2014)

Water

Hydrotherapy is something that the palliative care team have funded for us over the past 6 months or so. Cadel was not a big fan of water and didn't like to even swim in our fabulous pool that was donated to our family to help create family memories and help with Cadel's Physio. 
(We are forever grateful to Queensland Family Pools for our fab pool!!!!)

We attend Hydotherapy twice a week, the time varies on how Cadel is feeling and he drives what he does in the session. The greatPhysiotherapist has got him confident in the water, safe in the water and doing some great exercise. 

The benefits are paying off in spades. Cadel's health has been great, his exercise tolerance has increased and the time I get to spend with him doing something he enjoys is great for the soul. 

Just the pressure from the water on Cadel's chest changes the way in which he breathes, helping to shift the mucous. The Physio's also then get him to do blowing exercises, swinging on rings and going under the water. Going under the water was a huge deal as it was a big fear for Cadel as it is for any child but add in the change of breathing in and it's a big ask. For a child that has been on bi pap and oxygen previously that change in breath is a massive effort and a big fear to conquer.  He is doing so well now though and has even stopped having a cough after going under which shows more signs of confidence and improvement. 

We are so grateful for all that the Physio's have taught us and use the same practices at home. Water is now something that Cadel enjoys. 

K


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to not only read my blog but also to comment.
K