** Please Note**
I have put a lot of thought and consideration into my words for this blog.
I pour out my heart and soul for you to read, learn and share about the ongoings in my families life.
I love that you like to share my words and blog so all I ask in return is that if you use my words, parts of my blog or entire posts to share via social media or anywhere that you give me a shout out and acknowledge that you are using MY words and maybe even include a link to the blog.
Thank you all for taking the time to read, learn and share my blog I really appreciate the compliments too and love knowing that I am reaching people near and far. I hope that you continue to enjoy my blog.

K

Monday 3 March 2014

Letter V ( A to Z of CF 2014)

This one may get a little full of technical terms but bear with me. 

V is for Vas deferens. 

Although men who have CF can enjoy a normal sex life, they are almost always (in about 98% of cases) infertile due to failure of the vas deferens, the tube which carries sperm from the testis to the penis, to develop properly. Normally the vas deferens carries the newly made sperm to the back of the prostate gland where it joins the outlets of the seminal vesicles. The sperm can then be released into the semen during intercourse. In CF the vas deferens almost always fails to develop properly.
***taken from cfmedicine.com

Thankfully due to all the advancements in modern medicine people with CF can go on to be parents if they choose to. This is because they are they are infertile but not sterile. 

Just another way to show how CF affects the whole body and you would never even know with this invisible disease. Modern medicine and their advancements everyday give hope to people living with CF to try and enjoy the little things that we all take for granted. 

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to not only read my blog but also to comment.
K