** Please Note**
I have put a lot of thought and consideration into my words for this blog.
I pour out my heart and soul for you to read, learn and share about the ongoings in my families life.
I love that you like to share my words and blog so all I ask in return is that if you use my words, parts of my blog or entire posts to share via social media or anywhere that you give me a shout out and acknowledge that you are using MY words and maybe even include a link to the blog.
Thank you all for taking the time to read, learn and share my blog I really appreciate the compliments too and love knowing that I am reaching people near and far. I hope that you continue to enjoy my blog.

K

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Military Precision Packing!

So we recently went away for the weekend and I have to say the packing with three kids doesn't get any easier let alone throw a child in the mix that needs medications and oxygen machines!

I remember the days of just throwing a few things in a bag last minute and taking off but that was what hubby and I refer to as BC, before children that is.

Even as babies going to the shops was a big drama taking extra outfits, bibs, nappies wipes dummies etc. you would never use them then one day you would think ok let's just take the nappy and wipes and then BAM you have the poo explosion of the century ( Mum's you know the ones I'm talking about) and here you are battling with poo and floppy arms and legs and wishing that you should have bought along that extra outfit and wrap to cover the crime scene left behind in the pram.

So back to the past weekend. I must say I've gotten better and more organised at packing and getting the kids involved helps a lot. I have found to pack the kids bags into outfits for each day and then put them in plastic zip locks for the kids to decide which outfit for each day seems to be working well. It's still a military precision operation to get organised and takes a lot of time to even prepare to pack. Cadel has extra things to pack! There are his countless medications his oxygen, the extra oxygen bottles, the hi flow oxygen machine, the folder full of his scripts just in case we forget some medications or they run out, the nebuliser and all its chargers and of course the all important letter explaining Cadel's CF complications and his treatments.

So I'm always doing a mental checklist even as we drive away going through everything in my head ticking it off even though I've ticked them all off physically on the list I wrote out at the start of the week in preparation for the two night stay that we were going on. My anxiety levels go through the roof and I don't think I relax until I unpack at our destination and am sure that we have everything.

I always love seeing the hotel staff and the shocked faces as we unload our massive amount of luggage. The car is always so loaded up for a two night stay, boy but you should see it when we go for a week we almost need a trailer!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to not only read my blog but also to comment.
K