** Please Note**
I have put a lot of thought and consideration into my words for this blog.
I pour out my heart and soul for you to read, learn and share about the ongoings in my families life.
I love that you like to share my words and blog so all I ask in return is that if you use my words, parts of my blog or entire posts to share via social media or anywhere that you give me a shout out and acknowledge that you are using MY words and maybe even include a link to the blog.
Thank you all for taking the time to read, learn and share my blog I really appreciate the compliments too and love knowing that I am reaching people near and far. I hope that you continue to enjoy my blog.

K

Thursday 18 April 2013

Compassion, where did it go?

I am writing to vent and for therapeutic reasons as I feel that I was in a situation that required some compassion from someone and found that they had none, not a bit for me, my family or my situation. The situation itself is not important but the bigger question is when did it become okay to have no compassion for others. After having the biggest gift of compassion of all, being the gift of a pool in our yard how can the great feelings of warm and fuzziness be striped away with one swift move of inconsideration.

It got me thinking about what has happened to our world and what made people loose their ability to have consideration for others. Are we so caught up in our own little world that we stopped thinking of others. Do people still give up seats on the train or bus for the elderly or pregnant ladies. Are you the sort of person who will hold or open a door for a parent pushing a pram? Do you park in the parents park? I know that parents parks are a privilege and not a right but as a mum of three trust me when you have kids to get in the car it's so much easier to be able to open the car door up completely when you have to buckle the child into the middle seat. So why is it ok to park there if you aren't a parent or you don't have your children there. Are you not thinking about the parent that could of used that park for its intended purpose when you see a close park to the shops.

I have found this world to be a cruel one sometimes, don't even get me started on smokers! I just think it is common courtesy and politeness to not smoke around children, let alone a child that has an OXYGEN bottle clearly labelled as an oxygen bottle, hanging off the pram.

We need to stop being selfish all the time start to give and share and be kind. Let that car with the indicator in, in traffic, hold the door open for someone, give up your seat for the older gentleman on your train. I have a friend who was notorious for every time she went through the gateway toll she would pay for the person behind her. This deed went unnoticed by many, had no big fanfare about it all and I'm sure it put a smile on her face as well as the complete stranger that got a surprise when they went to pay. Sadly it's all electronic now but I'm sure that friend has found another way to give.

I think we need to look back at history and the way that people were more compassionate and learn and take note. I know I am. I will set myself a mission to do an act of kindness for a stranger that will put a smile on the receivers face and I hope that you can find some compassion too and do the same.

Lets make the world compassionate once again.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to not only read my blog but also to comment.
K