** Please Note**
I have put a lot of thought and consideration into my words for this blog.
I pour out my heart and soul for you to read, learn and share about the ongoings in my families life.
I love that you like to share my words and blog so all I ask in return is that if you use my words, parts of my blog or entire posts to share via social media or anywhere that you give me a shout out and acknowledge that you are using MY words and maybe even include a link to the blog.
Thank you all for taking the time to read, learn and share my blog I really appreciate the compliments too and love knowing that I am reaching people near and far. I hope that you continue to enjoy my blog.

K

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Its hard to be the patient sometimes.

So I am one day post gallbladder removal surgery and I am busting to get out of this hospital, why? I don't know the answer. Well maybe I do....It's an enforced rest period yet my mind is racing and I'm so bored because I'm not doing the usual morning routine of rushing around getting the kids ready for school.

I'm also usually the hand holder when I'm in a hospital. I'm very used to being in and around hospitals with Cadel having CF and having 20 admissions and over 10 general anaethestics I have seen my fair share of procedures and insides of theatres but I'm usually the one holding his hand and reassuring him everything is ok.

Being on the other side is kind of terrifying, maybe that is because I've been in and around hospitals so much in the last two years I am more aware of what happens, it may also be the fact that I'm an adult and I'm supposed to ok and tough and strong and not nervous. But who am I kidding as I got wheeled off to the theatre then left alone while they prepared the theatre the anxiety really set in. All I kept thinking is adult hospitals could learn a lot from children's hospitals. They need to still reassure us and make sure we are ok.

It may also be that I'm a massive control freak and the feeling of grogginess scares the bejesus out of me because its that complete feeling of no control. I'm still feeling yuck about all that when I think about it now. For the life of me though I cannot work out why when I woke up I was thinking " I'm stuck in Facebook and Pinterest, I need to get out of here" it was like I was trapped and then I was looking up at the blank recovery ward ceiling feeling ergh!

I would hate to think what nurses and Drs are like when they are patients when it feels this bad after being the hand holder. I know it will help out when Cadel next is in hospital as I have that extra understanding, I just hope that I don't have the Facebook and Pinterest flashback! Shhh don't tell hubby he would just tell me it's because I spend too much time on this sites!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to not only read my blog but also to comment.
K